In search of a Russian wife

    Edgar:
You’re in my mind, night and day
No matter where I go, or where I stay
My heart is always in search of you
Regardless whatever I do

That’s why I think I am in love with you

When I ‘m exhausted, and fall asleep
You walk in my a dream like a beauty clip
When you are in my imagination day and night
I want no one but you at my sight

That’s why I think I am in love with you

    Helen:
You have no job, no home, and no money
How could you claim you love me, honey?
You must be mad and out of your mind
No one loves you, are you bloody blind?
Your love doesn’t pay for bread and butter
The sooner I get rid of you, is the better

   Edgar: 
Most men are for sex and rendezvous
Who can love you as much as I do?
You may find a man online
You should know, you’re always mine
My dream one day comes true
And I will be always with you

   Helen:
You can dream as much as you wish
In the ocean of love, you aren’t my fish
I’m going to find a gentleman who is fine
So I could go out with him for wine and dine
The sun will shine bright for me all day long
I will be dancing and singing an adoring song
You will be left on your own and cry
No one bothers to comfort you or ask why
So long my dear poor friend, so long
Dumping you, of course is not wrong

Edgar:
Sadly we’re in the world of inequality
Stop showing an inconsiderate personality
Please don’t do what Beatrice did to Dante
Surly, that’s not pleasant and intéressante
You are like air I need you to breath
You’re the only one I want to please

Helen :
I don’t want to know you any more
The door is open go out of the door
Without money my heart is empty and sore
Leave this land and go to the shore
Drawn yourself, we don’t care about poor
I need visa, job, and loads of money
Go away, I don’t want to be, your honey

(Helen leaves the stage, Ekaterina arrives Edgar is crying)


Ekaterina :

My sweet darling what are you crying for?
I've been dreaming about you more and more
My sweet heart, let me put things in order
Come, lean your head against my shoulder
I cry with you if you cry
I sigh with you if you sigh
Please do not be sad
Things are not toot bad
As long as we could be together
We can out root problems for ever
Never be sad, never,
Be smart and clever
I am going to take care of you
And help you whatever you wish to do

Edgar:
My dear child you are too young for me
I am an old man, can you not see?
Don’t you see, you're wasting your time?
Hills of love aren't  this way to climb


Ekaterina:
     I am not a child, I’m twenty seven
     being in your arms, is like heaven
I love you from the bottom of my heart
Let’s enjoy the life, don’t keep us apart
I do anything to win you to be mine
With my love I make you shine
I love your land and sky of England
In my country your men are in demand
They love women not once but twice
They are happy and a jolly person and nice
in the restaurant they tip the Carson
I love you, because you're a lovely person
      I love you because you are  an English man
      Marring you would be my best plan

Edgar
I am not English by birth on this land
When I was young I came to England
I worked and lived here all my working life
You are too young to be my wife.

Ekaterina:
If you pay for my travelling cost
By money transfer or by post
I come and stay with you straightaway
I promise you to pay back with no delay
You won’t regret by having me as your wife
I bring prosperity and happiness to your life
I love you and miss you so much here
I want to be with you, my dear

Edgar:
I am left in my old age on my own
To me, no integrity, the life has shown
This crone life left me in a dark cavern
No wine, no dine, no nearby tavern
Tipsiness needed, I must drink
Get drunk, becoming calm and think

(he goes out, the dating agency comes. Helen enters)

Agency:
Have you manage to con him?
Snatch his money and harm him?

(Ekaterina and Helen both sing together)
He is  nice , cute and very tame
Conning him should not be our game
Edgar is a gentleman, and we love him in a way
This is our view,  if we may say
Agency:
(Shouts)

What?
Our business is to mislead honest people
Misleading wicked people is not that simple
We should make profit as much as we can
Take the money , pave your way to run
You both are young and beautiful
stay in the business calm and cool
Show your legs and blow your kisses
Fool him, slave him and turn him into pieces
he should  become  the slave of his desire
frustrate him with his lust fire
Make him wanting you badly
Make him needing you madly
Pretend you are in debt and need some money
Use spicy language; call him sweet heart or honey
Be tactful; do not reveal the secret
God has created honest people for us, I bet


(Helen and Ekaterina Sing)

For your harsh business don’t go too far
Please have mercy on Edgar
Do us a favour and say no word
Keep him outside your business world


Agency
Every opportunity is my business
Rip-off him and be silent witnesses
Your beauty alone, doesn’t bring in money
At heart, if you fail to be canny
Nature has given you beauty but noting else
With no money, beauty turns into empty shells
Fool any naive person for profit
With your beauty let them fall at your feet
Otherwise, I might as well, fire you straightaway
No points to keep you employed and pay

 Fridoun


No comments: